Puff Back Cleaning
Whether you have a hot water heating systems, gas furnace, or oil furnace, there's always a chance for puff back. However, it is most common with an oil furnace heating system. Puff back occurs when there's a misfiring in the furnace, causing soot to spread into your home, covering your furniture, drapery, walls, ceilings, and everything else. The soot coverage may range from a light dusting to a more concentrated coverage. Though it may be tempting to want to clean the soot, it's better left for the professionals. This soot not only is extremely messy and has a strong odor, but its contents can also be carcinogenic, therefore it needs to be thoroughly cleaned and deodorized. Tri-State Restoration Services has the manpower and equipment to get you back to normal, soot free, in no time.
Call for a FREE Quote
What Should You Do?
- Keep hands clean to prevent soot from spreading onto unaffected surfaces
- Place rags/towels on affected areas to contain it
- Throw away all exposed food
- Wash houseplants thoroughly
- Call a professional to fix your furnace
What Shouldn't You Do?
- Don't attempt to wash the affected surfaces yourself
- Don't use standard cleaning products which could cause further damage
- Don't attempt to clean any electrical appliances which have been close to fire or water without calling a professional first
- Don't turn on ceiling fans or other fans
Call the Professionals at Tri-State Restoration Services
Since 2001, Tri-State Restoration Services has been restoring properties that have experienced puff back. When you're faced with this frightening situation, don't worry. Call the experts at Tri-State Restoration Services, and we'll have your frightening situation handled in no time.
Call for Fast FREE Quote
Dial Area Code first please.